Bethlehem Steel Football Club (1911-1930) was one of the most successful early American soccer clubs. Known as the Bethlehem Football Club from 1911 until 1915 when it became the Bethlehem Steel Football Club, the team was sponsored by the Bethlehem Steel corporation and played their home games first at East End Field in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley.
Philadelphia Field Club is a name used by four soccer teams based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. All four versions of Philadelphia F.C. competed in the first American Soccer League, but none were in any way related to the other three teams which shared its name.
The Tampa Bay Rowdies was a professional soccer team from Tampa, Florida, USA. The team played in the North American Soccer League until the league's dissolution and went on to play in several other leagues before folding in 1993. The Rowdies played their outdoor home games at Tampa Stadium and their indoor games at the Bayfront Center Arena in nearby St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Rochester Lancers were a soccer team based out of Rochester, New York that played in the American Soccer League from 1967 until 1969 and the North American Soccer League from 1970 to 1980 at Aquinas Stadium (renamed Holleder Memorial Stadium in 1974). They were owned by Bernie Rodin, who also owned the New York Arrows and the Baltimore Blast. After three years competing in the ASL, the club jumped to the newer NASL and won the league championship in their first season.
Washington Darts was an American soccer club based in Washington, D.C. that was a member of the American Soccer League and later the North American Soccer League. In 1963, soccer players in the Washington, D.C. area created the amateur Washington Britannica. In 1967, the team went professional when it joined the American Soccer League. After winning two consecutive league titles, the Darts moved to the NASL. Following the 1969 season, the Darts left the ASL to join the first division NASL.
Fall River Football Club, also referred to as Fall River Field Club, was the name used by two United States soccer clubs, based in Fall River, Massachusetts. Both played in the American Soccer League during the early 1930s. The name is often used incorrectly to refer to Fall River Marksmen, another soccer team. Although both these teams shared some common history with the Marksmen, they were separate clubs.
Fall River Marksmen was a United States soccer club, based in Fall River, Massachusetts. They originally played as Fall River United before becoming known as the Marksmen after their owner, Sam Mark. During the 1920s and early 1930s they were one of the most successful soccer clubs in the United States, winning the American Soccer League on seven occasions. They also won the National Challenge Cup four times.
The Orlando Lions was an American soccer team from Orlando, Florida which existed from 1985 to 1996. Over the years, the Lions competed at both the amateur and professional levels including some seasons as an independent team.
Brooklyn Field Club was a soccer team that existed from 1898 to 1924, one of the few to predate the United States Soccer Federation. The club played in Brooklyn, New York. Between 1909 and 1916 they played in the second National Association Football League (NAFBL), winning the 1913-1914 league title. The team was the first to win the National Challenge Cup (the earliest version of the modern Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup) in 1914. In 1921, they joined the newly created American Soccer League.
New York F.C. (also known as the New York Field Club) was a successful early American soccer club. The club was originally a member of the amateur National Association Foot Ball League then became an inaugural member of the professional American Soccer League in 1921. The club won the Southern New York State Football Association (a challenge cup) in 1922.
The Maryland Bays were an inaugural franchise of the third incarnation of the American Soccer League in 1988. They were based in Catonsville, Maryland, and played their games at the University of Maryland-Baltimore County. The team joined the American Professional Soccer League in 1990 when the ASL merged with the Western Soccer League. Before the 1990 season, the club absorbed the Washington Stars, and moved to play in Columbia, Maryland.
The Albany Capitals joined the third incarnation of the American Soccer League in 1989. The team joined the American Professional Soccer League in 1990 when the ASL merged with the Western Soccer League. The club played in Albany, New York.
The Miami Sharks were an inaugural franchise of the third incarnation of the American Soccer League in 1988. The team were renamed the Miami Freedom and joined the American Professional Soccer League in 1990 when the ASL merged with the Western Soccer League. The club played in the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida. Team president and General Manager Julio Moreira, a native of Ecuador, resided in Miami since 1954.
The New Jersey Eagles were an inaugural franchise of the third incarnation of the American Soccer League in 1988. They joined the American Professional Soccer League in 1990 when the ASL merged with the Western Soccer League. League goals leader Jorge Acosta led the team to a first place regular season finish in its first campaign, but it was all downhill after that.
The Washington Stars were an American soccer team established in 1987 as F.C. Washington. The team entered the American Soccer League in 1988 under the name Washington Stars and merged with the Maryland Bays in 1990.
Hakoah All-Stars is a former United States football club that played in the American Soccer League between 1930 and 1932. The club was formed after the merger of Brooklyn Hakoah of the ASL and New York Hakoah of the Eastern Soccer League. Both of these clubs were formed by former players from SC Hakoah Wien.
Harrison F.C. was an American soccer club based in Harrison, New Jersey that began as the amateur Harrison Erie S.C. who played in the National Association Foot Ball League. The team became a founding member of the professional American Soccer League in 1921 and became the Harrison Soccer Club. The club was also known as the Harrison Field Club or Harrison F.C.. The team won the New Jersey State Cup in 1920 and 1922.
The Hartford Americans was an American soccer club based in Hartford, Connecticut that was member of the professional American Soccer League. They joined the league in 1927, but were dropped early in the season to balance the league after the Philadelphia Celtic was suspended after only 10 games.
The Holyoke Falcos was an American soccer club based in Holyoke, Massachusetts that was member of the professional American Soccer League. The team was sponsored by Farr Alpaca, a local textile mill. The team was a founding member of the ASL, but withdrew at the end of the first season.
The Jersey City Celtics were an American soccer club based in Jersey City, New Jersey that was an inaugural member of the professional American Soccer League. The club folded after losing its first five games.