Solms-Wildenfels was a minor County of southern Hesse, Germany. It was a partition of Solms-Baruth. In 1741 it was partitioned between itself and Solms-Sachsenfeld, and reintegrated that County upon its extinction in 1896. Solms-Wildenfels was mediatised to Hesse-Darmstadt in 1806.
Solms-Rödelheim-Assenheim was a County of southern Hesse and eastern Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It was thrice created by a union of the Counts of Solms-Assenheim and Solms-Rödelheim, and on the first two occasions repartitioned into those statelets. Solms-Rödelheim-Assenheim was mediatised to Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel) and Hesse-Darmstadt in 1806.
Solms-Laubach was a County of southern Hesse and eastern Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It was originally created as a partition of Solms-Lich. Solms-Laubach partitioned between itself and Solms-Sonnenwalde 1561; between itself, Solms-Baruth and Solms-Rödelheim 1607; and between itself and Solms-Sonnenwalde 1627. Solms-Laubach inherited Solms-Sonnenwalde in 1615. With the death of Count Charles Otto in 1676, it was inherited by Solms-Baruth and recreated as a partition in 1696.
Solms-Hohensolms-Lich was a County of northern Baden-Württemberg and eastern Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It was originally created as a union of Solms-Hohensolms and Solms-Lich, and it was raised to a Principality in 1792. Solms-Hohensolms-Lich was mediatised to Austria, Hesse-Darmstadt, Prussia and Württemberg in 1806.
Solms-Braunfels was a County in what is today the federal Land of Hesse in Germany. Solms-Braunfels was a partition of Solms, and was raised to a Principality in 1742. Solms-Braunfels was partitioned between: itself and Solms-Ottenstein in 1325; itself and Solms-Lich in 1409; and itself, Solms-Greifenstein and Solms-Hungen in 1592. Solms-Braunfels was mediatised to Austria, Hesse-Darmstadt, Prussia and Württemberg in 1806.
The Duchy of Krumlov (Krumau in German) was a titular duchy of the Bohemia in the southern part of the kingdom of Bohemia comprising Český Krumlov and its surrounding territories, now in the Czech Republic. In 1622 it was given to Hans Ulrich von Eggenberg by King Ferdinand II when he bestowed upon Hans Ulrich the title of Duke of Krumlov. The Bohemian possessions of the Eggenberg's went to Hans Ulrich's son Johann Anton.
Klingenberg was a Principality of northwestern Bavaria and northeastern Baden-Württemberg, Germany. In 1789, it became a short-lived partition of Stephanswald-Franconia containing the traditional German lands of Schwarzenberg. It was mediatised to Bavaria and Württemberg in 1806.
Salm-Reifferscheid-Dyck was a small County of the Holy Roman Empire. Its territory was the area around Dyck in present North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Salm-Reifferscheid-Dyck was a partition of Salm-Reifferscheid, and was annexed by the First French Empire in the French Revolutionary Wars, in 1811. The county was mediatised to Kingdom of Prussia in 1813, of which Salm-Reifferscheid-Dyck became a princely title three years later.
Ortenburg-Neuortenburg was a minor county and Imperial State in present-day Lower Bavaria, Germany. It was located on the lands around Ortenburg Castle, about 10 km (6 mi) west of Passau. Though the Counts of Ortenburg - formerly Ortenberg - emerged in the 12th century as a cadet branch of the Rhenish House of Sponheim (Spanheim) who then ruled over the Duchy of Carinthia, an affiliation with the Carinthian Ortenburger comital family is unverifiable.
Castell was a county of northern Bavaria, Germany, ruling a string of territories in the historical region of Franconia, both east and west of Würzburg. Little is known about the noble Counts of Castell, although they were the counts of Kreis Gerolzhofen, Reigierungsbezirk, and Unterfranken of Bavaria. They were a member of the Fränkische Grafenkolleg ("Franconian Counts College").
Castell-Remlingen was a County located in the region of Franconia in northern Bavaria, Germany. It was created as a partition of Castell in 1597, and in 1668 it was partitioned between itself and Castell-Castell. It was annexed to Castell in 1762.
Castell-Castell was a County located in the region of Franconia in northern Bavaria, Germany. It was established as a partition of Castell-Remlingen in 1668, and it was partitioned between itself and Castell in 1709. It annexed the County of Castell in 1772, and was mediatised to Bavaria in 1806.
Bentheim-Bentheim was a County of southeastern Lower Saxony, Germany. The borders of Bentheim-Bentheim by 1806 were the modern borders of the District of Bentheim. It was one of the original partitions of the County of Bentheim in 1277, and it partitioned between itself and Bentheim-Steinfurt in 1454. Bentheim-Bentheim reemerged as a County in 1643, and was mediatised to Berg in 1806, before being annexed to France in 1810, and later granted to Hanover by the Congress of Vienna.
Bentheim-Tecklenburg-Rheda was a County of northwestern North Rhine-Westphalia and southwestern Lower Saxony, Germany. Bentheim-Tecklenburg-Rheda emerged as a partition of Bentheim-Steinfurt in 1606, and was mediatised to Prussia in 1806.
Bentheim-Steinfurt was a County of Germany, located in northwestern North Rhine-Westphalia in the region surrounding Steinfurt. Bentheim-Steinfurt was a partition of Bentheim-Bentheim. It was partitioned: between itself and Bentheim-Tecklenburg-Rheda in 1606; and between itself and Bentheim-Bentheim in 1643. Bentheim-Steinfurt and its territories were converted to Lutheranism in 1544 by Count Arnold II.
Königsegg-Aulendorf was a county of southeastern Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The territories of Königsegg-Aulendorf by 1806 were four separate exclaves, centred around Königsegg in the west, Aulendorf in the east, and two smaller territories north and south of the Teutonic Knights' territory at Altshausen. Königsegg-Aulendorf was created as a Baronial partition of the Barony of Königsegg, and was raised to a County in 1629. Königsegg-Aulendorf was mediatised to Württemberg in 1806.
Isenburg was a region of Germany located in southern present-day Hesse, located in territories north and south of Frankfurt. The states of Isenburg emerged from the Niederlahngau (located in the Rhineland-Palatinate), which partitioned in 1137 into Isenburg-Isenburg and Isenburg-Limburg-Covern. These countships were partitioned between themselves many times over the next 700 years.
Isenburg-Büdingen was a County of southern Hesse, Germany, located in Büdingen. There were in fact two different Counties of the same name. The first (1341 - 1511) was a partition of Isenburg-Cleberg, and was partitioned into Isenburg-Büdingen-Birstein and Isenburg-Ronneburg in 1511. The second (1628 - 1806) was a partition of Isenburg-Büdingen-Birstein. It was partitioned between itself, Isenburg-Meerholz and Isenburg-Wächtersbach in 1673, and was mediatised to Isenburg in 1806.
Isenburg-Meerholz was a County of southern Hesse, Germany. It was created as a partition of Isenburg-Büdingen in 1673, and was mediatised to Isenburg in 1806. In 2007, with the addition of Romania and Bulgaria, Meerholz became the European Union's new geographical center.
Anhalt-Köthen has existed on two separate occasions. The first state was created in 1396 when the Anhalt-Zerbst was partitioned between Anhalt-Dessau and Anhalt-Köthen. The first creation lasted until 1552 when it was inherited by Anhalt-Dessau. It was created for a second time in 1603 with the partition of Anhalt-Zerbst. With the death of Prince Augustus Louis in 1774 the principality was split, with the new state of Anhalt-Pless being created. In 1806 Anhalt-Köthen was raised to a Duchy.
Pappenheim was a German statelet in western Bavaria, Germany, located on the Altmühl river between Treuchtlingen and Solnhofen, and south of Weißenburg. Pappenheim originated as a Lordship around 1030, and was raised to a County in 1628. Pappenheim was partitioned twice: between itself, Aletzheim, Gräfenthal and Treutlingen in 1439; and between itself and Stühlingen in 1558. Pappenheim absorbed: Aletzheim 1697; Gräfenthal 1536; and Treutlingen 1647.
Fürstenberg-Weitra was a line of Counts of Fürstenberg of southwestern Baden-Württemberg, Germany, based in Bohemia in the Czech Republic. Fürstenberg-Weitra emerged as a partition of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen, and was partitioned between itself and Fürstenberg-Taikowitz in 1759. Fürstenberg-Weitra was "mediatised" to Austria in 1806.