The West Midland Bird Club is the UK's largest regional ornithological society. It has been serving birdwatchers and ornithologists in the four English counties of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the Metropolitan West Midlands, with lectures, field trips, research, a bulletin and an annual report, since 1929. It is a registered charity, number 213311. There are branches in Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Solihull and Tamworth.
Staffordshire Police is the territorial police force responsible for policing Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent in the West Midlands of England. It is made up of four territorial Divisions; Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffs. , Chase and Trent Valley.
Stafford Railway Building Society is a UK building society, which has its headquarters in Stafford, Staffordshire. It was formed in 1877 by a small group of railway workers of the London & north western railway Company. It is a member of the Building Societies Association.
The Leek United Building Society is a building society based in Leek, Staffordshire, England. It is the 24th largest in the UK based on total assets of £800 million at 31 December 2007. The Society has 12 branches across Staffordshire. It is a member of the Building Societies Association.
The Hanley Economic Building Society is a UK building society, which has its head office in Hanley, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. It is the 32nd largest in the United Kingdom based on total assets of £363 million as at 31 August 2008. It is a member of the Building Societies Association.
Colwich Abbey is a community of Roman Catholic nuns of the English Benedictine Congregation founded in 1623 at Cambrai, Flanders, in the Spanish Netherlands. During the French Revolution, the community was expelled from France, and settled at The Mount, Colwich, Staffordshire, in 1836, where it continues today.
The North Staffordshire Field Club was an organisation founded in 1865 to study the natural history, geology, industrial history and local history of North Staffordshire, England Its president from 1865-70 was industrialist and banker James Bateman FRS. Other notable members included: William Henry Goss Elizabeth Wright Montford JP The Club was extant until at least 2000.