The Oklahoma City National Memorial is the largest memorial of its kind in the United States. It honors the victims, survivors, rescuers, and all who were changed by the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19, 1995. The memorial is located in downtown Oklahoma City on the former site of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, which was destroyed in the 1995 bombing. This building was located on NW 5th street between N. Robinson Avenue and N.
Chimney Hill (alt. 1,346 ft) in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma was a landmark on the old California Road. It was identified on old maps as Natural Mound. Its prominence made it a major reference point for many surveys and in 1920 it became the site of the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Mound Triangulation Station.
The American is a 217 ft (66 m) bronze statue of a Native American to be built at Holmes Peak near Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA, by sculptor Shan Gray. Holmes Peak, located in southeastern Osage County some 7 miles (11 km) northwest of downtown Tulsa, is the highest point in the immediate region with an altitude of 1030 ft (314 m). It is within the grounds of the Centennial Botanical Garden.
This particular McDonald's was originally built when the turnpike opened in 1957 as one of the "Glass House" restaurants, owned by the now-defunct Interstate Hosts company. The "Glass House" also operated as a Howard Johnson's restaurant at one point. Because of this heritage, it is also known as the Glass House McDonald's and the McDonald's Glass House Restaurant. It shares the space with a Phillips 66 gas station.
The V. R. Coss House is a historic house in Muskogee, Oklahoma. It was built in 1906 by Virgil R. Coss, an early banker and real estate dealer in Muskogee. The house consists of 3 stories with a partial basement. The first level is predominately made of quarter-sawn oak while the second level is made of maple. The home has the original stairway as well as a smaller servant stairway which had initiated at the butler's pantry.
The Thomas-Foreman Historic Home, also known as The Grant Foreman House, (1419 West Okmulgee) is a house in Muskogee, Oklahoma built by John R. Thomas in 1905 on a tract of prairie land. It was later named after Thomas' son-in-law, Grant Foreman, by the Muskogee Historical Society and the National Register of Historic Places. The house is a satellite museum of the Three Rivers Museum, located in Muskogee. Grant Foreman and his wife Carolyn Thomas Foreman wrote books about Oklahoma history.